Click to Mix and Solve

Sunday, July 26, 2009

10th Wedding Anniversary

On the 17th Shadd and I celebrated 10 years of marriage. It is hard to believe how fast these years have flown by. Many things have happened over the course of these years. We have bought three homes, struggled through trying to conceive and then suffered a miscarriage. Then the birth of our two beautiful daughters. We have also lost some of the most important people in our lives. Shadd's father, grandfather and brother-in-law. I lost both of my grandmothers and my great-grandfather. We have had two dogs, one nasty cat and a variety of fish and insects for the kids. Anyway, these were the most memorable events of the last ten years but there were also the small moments that mean so much. We had amazing neighbors at our first house who we still keep in contact with. The second house is where we welcomed our children and I have fond memories of Shadd reading and singing to our babies. Now we are in a wonderful community where our children play outside with their friends and we share good times with neighbors. I wonder what things the next ten years will bring. I know that whatever life presents us we are a great team. Shadd's dad always said that in a marriage being friends is the most important thing. Shadd is my very best friend and I can't wait to reflect on the next ten years. Honey I love you more than you will ever know.


I always fix and anniversary dinner and we eat on the "good china"


me and my guy

2 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

awwwww!! happy anniversary!!!

Unknown said...

Very sweet. Congratulations you two.