Click to Mix and Solve

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday/ Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday was a very busy day at our house. This year Bethany's birthday fell on Mother's Day so we had a lot to celebrate!!! We decided to keep her birthday low key so we had a small party with Nana and Pops at our house for both occasions. Bethany was so excited all weekend. It was really cute...about the first 100 times. She kept saying, "I am soooooooo excited about my birthday. Mommy are you so excited too?" It was fun because this is really the first birthday she really understood what was going on. She was all smiles from Friday to Sunday night when she crashed in bed.
It was really nice spending time with mom and dad and celebrating Mother's Day too. We miss Shadd's mom Joyce, who lives quite a few hours away. These holidays make us wish family was a little closer. We love you Joyce and our thoughts are with you too!!
Bethany loves her Barbies!
My girls and me

Mom, me and the girls

our family

yummy!

So the only thing that went wrong was when I went to pick up Bethany's Tinkerbell cake(which I had gotten her all excited about) the bakery informed me that the ticket had been filed wrong and the decorator was already gone for the day. So NO CAKE!!! This was a couple of hours before our celebration. I asked them how I should explain that to a four year old on her birthday. They apologized(which did nothing to solve the problem) and gave me a tinkerbell decoration free of charge to take with me. So I had to pick an already decorated cake and stick the Tinkerbell on top. I was less than happy! I have to be really careful where I get her cake anyway because of the peanut allergy so I can't just get one anywhere. And now the cake I promised her was not going to happen. But the good sport that she is ...she just smiled and was excited that she got to put Tinkerbell on. She was over it in a minute!

She looks pretty pleased...thankfully!

Still lovin' the barbies!!

She was really excited about her nightgowns she got

I love that smile!

My big girl


mom and dad

No comments: