Click to Mix and Solve

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First day of Kindergarten

Wow! My big girl is off to Kindergarten! It was a very exciting morning and I loved taking Baylee to her first day of school. She was a little nervous but did very well. As soon as she saw a friend she was ready to go. I lingered but she was already having fun and just waved goodbye. You know, day to day life sometimes seems long and often stressful but as I look back over the last almost six years, it went by way too fast. The sleepness nights, ear infections, temper tantrums, first smiles, first words, etc. And here I am this morning sending my baby off to school. I know all of this may sound very corny but it was such a bittersweet day. She looked so big and ready for this day. I held it together until I got into the car. She was smiling and laughing when I left so that was helpful. Anyway, another milestone passed and we made it! When Shadd picked her up from school she asked him if she could go back again tomorrow. She is ready and so I guess I will be too!

Baylee and Tori

Bethany was home sick so Nana came to spend the day with her. They waved goodbye to Baylee



5 comments:

The Stewart Family 4 said...

I'll keep an eye on her for you. She seemed to be happy and content the few times I saw her today. She's a big girl now!

Nana said...

We can't believe what a big girl we have. We are so proud of her.

The Kist Krew said...

yeah! good for her.. i can't even imagine how hard that was for you! i've got 3 years to go and i'm already dreading it!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

ahhhh! i don't want that day to come!

the lewis gang said...

i am in that stage now of sleepless nights and disciplining. it is so overwhelming as you know, but i can't imagine what it is like to let all of that go. i'm thinking of you!