Click to Mix and Solve

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Dave Matthews

Last night Shadd and I had a date night. He is a big Dave Matthews fan and has always wanted to see them in concert so when they went on sale in the spring I bought them. Anyway, we went to dinner and the concert. Unfortunately the concert was a big letdown for both of us. He sounded really good but in a span of 2 hours he only sang about 9 songs so needless to say each song was really long. Way too long. We both actually got bored! I was quite entertained people watching as usual. He has nicknamed me Gladys from Bewitched because she was a nosy lady! Anyway, between the "get a room" couple in front of us with their kids to the row of 40-somethings behind us who were partaking in let's say some illegal activities to my favorite fan of the evening... The prostitot (term coined by a fan at Keith Urban in April) in front of us who was wearing VERY little(we take much more notice of amount of material on teenage girls since we have two in the making at home) who was quite intoxicated and running from row to row to see friends. Most of the evening she carried a Jolly Rancher in her cleavage which of course drew attention to that region. Anyway, later in the evening she returned and the Jolly Rancher was missing Oh no! The woman beside us leaned down and said to the girl..."excuse me but someone ate your Jolly Rancher". Okay, I know it's not funny now but everyone was cracking up! Needless to say, the rest of the evening Shadd and I used that line more than once. So after a lot more instrumental music from Dave we decided we were getting old and we left early. Pretty sad for the amount of money but oh well. Live and learn.
We did have to miss the Bridgepoint cookout last night. I hated to miss it and it would have been nice to see everyone and catch up.



Unfortunately this was the last picture I took since I was afraid to take my camera in with us since there were no cameras allowed. Stupid I know. If I had a dollar for every camera there I could have paid for the tickets, dinner and more.

1 comment:

the lewis gang said...

we go to dave every year in indy. of all years when he comes to louisville, i'm 38 weeks pregnant! i hate to hear that you didn't like it, but at least i didn't miss much! hahaha!