Click to Mix and Solve

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Photo gallery link

So back to the photography thing...
I have always hated having pictures taken of me my whole life but somewhere along the way I developed a love of taking them of others. In the past few years it has even become somewhat of an obsession. I am always looking for the best picture of people and objects. My children have endured so many pictures that they are completely tired of posing and I can't say that I blame them because as I said I hate it too! So anyway, the more pictures I took the more I loved it and to my surprise others started taking notice. That was the best compliment I could ever have! I have now been asked a few times to take pictures of friends' babies and they have been made into their announcements. Again I was so flattered that they thought that much of my pictures. I have not yet had any formal training but I would really like to very soon. It is on the list! So anyway, after I would finish taking the pictures for friends, they would always want to pay me. It was hard for me to charge them so I found a happy medium which is why I am boring you with all of this. I started a pro gallery with Shutterfly. Now when I take pictures for others I load them to my gallery and they can order them through Shutterfly. I set the prices and Shutterfly takes care of the rest(with them taking a commission of course). This takes the pressure off me and then my friends don't have to feel obligated to buy anything or tell me they were not happy with the photos. So below is a link to one of my galleries that has a variety of the photos I have taken. Please remember that this is a hobby that I love and not a profession so they are not professional. I hope to continue to take more for friends and family in the future. I am so grateful for the encouragement I have received from my friends and family. It fuels my passion for the hobby!

Elizabeth

http://www.shutterfly.com/pro/1215279237724/Yourstokeepbyliz


Feel free to share the gallery with others.

4 comments:

the lewis gang said...

i was thinking about some pics with darbi after she is born. would you be interested?

The Stewart Family 4 said...

Wow Elizabeth, those are very good. I love the one of Jenny kissing Emily on the forehead.

Family times said...

Janelle I would love to take some of Darbi! Then I get a baby fix too! :)

The Powers Bunch said...

I will have to remember this for baby #2!!!! The pix are amazing!!!