Click to Mix and Solve

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Indy fun



This was so cool!

The girls loved the Curious George room

sitting in a race car


Taxi drivers
This was a replica of Ryan White's house. Inside was a replica of his bedroom as it was. When we went in, there was a woman sitting on a bench talking to someone else and she looked really familiar to me. I finally went over and talked to her. It was Ryan White's mom. She was there for a special performance of the story of Ryan. So I talked to her for a few minutes and she told me that when she was struggling with what to do with his room, a friend suggested that she call the museums. Anyway, after they came and looked at the room, they told her they could use all of it. She said it is nice to still be able to come see it as it was and the advantage is that she doesn't have to clean it. :) I think this was a highlight of the trip for me. She and Ryan were such a force in the battle to find treatments for HIV and AIDS and to promote fair treatment of those affected. I am so glad I was able to meet her!

This entire exhibit was based around three young people who made a difference. My other favorite was Anne Frank. I just read the book this spring so it was fresh in my mind. I think I'm getting old enjoying these things now! And of course the girls were bored to tears!!!!!

2 comments:

The Powers Bunch said...

What a honor...looks like you all had a wonderful time. Beautiful pix as usual!!!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

wow! that is really cool!

i didn't know there was a curious george room. Sam will love that! we plan to make a trip up there sometime this summer!