Click to Mix and Solve

Monday, June 2, 2008

I MADE IT!!!!

Okay so I stepped WAY out of my comfort zone this weekend. The Stewart's asked us to go camping with them. Shadd and the girls were really excited. As I had never camped before I was a little unsure! With my germ issue along with my love of being cozy, comfy and safe, it was quite a stretch for me. But I decided it was a test for me and a great chance for family memories so I agreed. This first time we decided to just try one night(good idea). The weather was beautiful(until bedtime of course) and we had good food and conversation. The boys and the kiddos went fishing. Shadd was excited to have caught the only fish. We ate smores and enjoyed the campfire too. It was all really nice. My biggest issue(back to the germ thing) was the shared bathroom. Not a good situation for the germaphobe(sp?)! Especially when the girls had to make many trips and of course had to touch everything! Sarah suggested maybe next time they start some sort of drip for me before we leave so that this wouldn't bother me! Anyway, overall it was a really nice time and the answer is.................................................yes I will go again. I told Shadd there will be some shopping beforehand to stock up on a few more camping neccessities that we were lacking. Thanks guys for inviting us and putting up with my nerves! Until next time!

This was the view from our tent. I did find lots of photo opportunities which I was really excited about. I didn't have my best camera but I still got some pretty good ones.



Hi Miss Sadie!
Bethany woke up a happy camper! (I know, bad joke!)


Daddy caught a fish!

Just beautiful scenery!

This was my favorite picture!
Scooter was ready to camp!
Seth and Sarah

Oops, wrong chair Sarah!

5 comments:

the lewis gang said...

go, liz! i'm glad you had a good time. camping is the best! i grew up at harrison county forestry every weekend. your girls will grow to love it and cheerish all the memories you make! i know i did.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

yeah for you! i love to camp and have all my life! i want to get a camper that my kids are embarassed to be seen in....that's what we had growing up! ha!

Kelly O said...

I found your blog finally! So glad you had fun camping. I love camping...in a camper. The tent thing is so-so. I think anyone could have fun tent camping though, in moderation. You are the germaphobe, I am a bugaphobe. Great site.

Dan and Denise said...

Way to go, Liz! I am not big camper either. I go, but I would much prefer a nice hotel room with a spa tub, king size bed, and feather pillows. Good for you though. It is fun to camp if you have good company, and you evidently did.

The Kist Krew said...

glad you made it. looks like you had a great time.