Click to Mix and Solve

Monday, March 23, 2009

Not the A word!!!!!

What a great big sister! Baylee read to Bethany during her breathing treatment

My poor baby

So today was not quite the start to Spring Break I was expecting. Bethany has been enduring a quite annoying cough for a while now and this morning I could not take it any longer. I took her to the doctor and he listened to her lungs. He said she did sound a little wheezy so he wanted to try a breathing treatment and check them again. So we did the treatment and when he checked again, the wheezr had subsided. So taking into consideration everything I told him along with what he saw today he suspects we might have a case of Asthma. My mommy gut had suspected this too but I kept hoping the cough would go away. The best piece of parenting advice I ever received was to always follow my gut and I try to live by this every day. It was right again. So anyway, we brought home a nebulizer(sp? It's late!) and Steroids and nasal spray to see what happens. We have to meet with her allergist to have him evaluate the situation too. We have to go back to see him anyway to retest her peanut allergy. It seems we definitely hae an allergy baby. She is such a trooper and even coughing and wheezing never gets her down. Always a smile on her face.

3 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

sam has to do treatments sometimes too! it breaks my heart! hang in there!!

Nana said...

She is our little trooper! We love you Bethany.

Dan and Denise said...

Hang in there, Guys! So sorry that your Spring Break is not turning out the way you'd hoped.