Click to Mix and Solve

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wind Storm 2008

Did we wake up in Kansas or what? Wow did we have wind Sunday! I kept waiting for the storm to follow but the skies were sunny and clear. It kept getting stronger and I called my husband who was finishing a round of golf(yes, he really was playing golf ) to tell him we were losing our fence. After all was said and done we were lucky and didn't have too much damage. A few of our fence panels went down but they were easy fixes and the all of our blades broke off of our outdoor fan. No big deal. We were without power for 12 hours but had it late Sunday night. My parents are still without power! Yikes!

This broke my heart. The day before my Begonias were huge and gorgeous. The wind ripped right through them and this is what was left.






Our neighbor's playset didn't fair so well

We spent a lot of time outside with neighbors Sunday night
Nana and Pops came over last night to charge up their phones and enjoy some electricity for a while. We have offered them a room but they decided to wait it out

Baylee misses Kindergarten so she was working in a workbook.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Glad you didn't have too much damage. I can't believe he was playing golf in that wind!