Click to Mix and Solve

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Farewell our friend


What an afternoon this turned out to be. After months of issues with our dog Lacey, today we made the agonizing decision to put her down. It might just have been the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. She has been a part of our family for 8 1/2 years and all but a month of our marriage. She was our first "baby" and what a cutie she was. She endured two knee surgeries(she tore each of her ACL's) and two moves to different houses. After the last move she was just never the same. We consulted with our vet last fall and tried some new things but an incident today was reason to seriously consider our options. The vet again gave us the options and after Shadd and I discussed them we decided it was in her best interest if we have her put down. The hardest part was having to go pick up the girls immediately after leaving the vet. They asked me why my cheeks were so red but otherwise weren't the wiser. The next hurdle will be explaining it to them tomorrow. Baylee is really sensitive and will take it very hard. Bethany is too young to let it get her down for long. Anyway, I know this is a lengthy entry but I needed to get it off my chest. I know we will have to get used to a "new normal" without our friend. We love you Lacey and we will miss you!!

2 comments:

The Powers Bunch said...

So sorry to hear about your loss...I know how hard it is. I will be thinking about you all!

Dan and Denise said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Pets are such an important part of a family.